What are the most popular social media sites in Australia right now? Social media sites are a major marketing resource for both small and corporate businesses that are looking to promote their brands online. And figuring out the most popular social media sites for the audience you are trying to reach is extremely important.
For example, Facebook is losing ground with teens, while Instagram is the preferred platform for this demographic. To properly utilize the power of social media specially when you targeting whole country or huge audions, like Australia, USA or category like Marketing, Industrial, Services, etc... you need to know the most popular social media sites in Australia and identify the ones that work best for your business to avoid spreading yourself too thin.
The platforms are easy to use and some of them even have paid advertising options for businesses that want to reach new audiences. However, just because your business needs to be on these platforms doesn’t mean that it has to be on every other social media site.
To make this easy for you, we profiled 20 of the most popular social media sites so you can make informed marketing decisions.
Australian Social Media Demographics
- Facebook – 15,000,000 Monthly Active Australian Users (steady)
- YouTube – 15,000,000 Unique Australian Visitors per month (UAVs)
- Instagram – 9,000,000 Monthly Active Australian Users (FB/ Instagram data)
- Snapchat – 6,300,000 Monthly Active Australian Users (Snapchat data)
- WhatsApp – 6,000,000 Active Australian Users
- WordPress.com – 5,700,000
- Twitter – 4,700,000 Monthly Active Australian Users approx
- LinkedIn – 4,500,000 Monthly Active Australian Users approx
- Tumblr – 3,700,000
- Tinder – 3,000,000 Australian users (my estimation)
- WeChat - 2,900,000 Monthly Active Australian Users approx – (my estimation)
- TripAdvisor – 2,800,000
- Yelp – 1,500,000
- Blogspot- 1,200,000
- Flickr – 450,000
- Pinterest – 290,000
- Reddit – 110,000
- MySpace – 70,000
- RenRen – 70,000 Monthly Active Australian Users approx – (my estimation)
- Google Plus – 55,000 Monthly active Australian users approx – (my estimation)
- StumbleUpon – 39,000
- Weibo – 30,000 Monthly Active Australian Users approx – (my estimation)
- Foursquare/Swarm – 10,000
- Digg – 10,000
- Periscope – 9,000
- Delicious – 7,000
Social media statistics australia
These statistics are counted from the all over social media networks which are listed above. The number of users are not exact but it will defenetivly help to increase online business branding.
Social media statistics AU
|Age Bracket||Number of Users*|
|13 – 17||940,000|
|18 – 25||3,500,000|
|25 – 39||6,100,000|
|40 – 55||4,100,000|
|55 – 64||1,600,000|
|65 - Above||1,200,000|
Amazing facts you need to know about Australian Audions & Social Media SitesApproximately:
- 6 in 10 Australians use Facebook
- 1 in 2 Australians use Facebook on a daily basis
- 1 in 2 Australians use YouTube
- 1 in 3 Australians use Instagram
- 1 in 4 Australians use Snapchat
Which social media site is your favorite? Do you have one to add to our AUstralian most popular social media sites list? feel free to share us via below comment section.